The first group of missionaries arrived Douala in October 16. 1935 where they were met by Fr. Franz Figl, M.H.M. After resting, the missionary band set out for Shisong, Kumbo traveling first by train as far as Nkongsamba, and the rest of the trip by car. Finding that a major bridge had been washed away by torrential rains, the Sisters were given hospitality by the Catholic populace of Babessi. They continued to Shisong, finally arriving at their destination and formally establishing their mission on April 8. 1936.
The Sisters returned later to Babessi and established a number of services for the people of that region. Today the Province numbers over 300 Sisters, who work in many fields of service, from medical care to nursing homes to social services. The Reverend Sisters of the Cameroon province formed a relationship in the year 2000 with three other congregations of the Franciscan Sisters in the United States, who had developed from one community and were looking for ways to mark their common sesquicentennial of foundation. They created what they call the “Common Venture” in which the American Sisters mentor the African Sisters on ways to better their spiritual and professional development. In 2008, the Province established its own mission to assist the Roman Catholic Diocese of Lafia in Nigeria.